We have three large blue barrels for food donations from our congregation.
Let’s help the Caring Place collect 200,000 pounds of food by year-end!
Rather than asking for monetary donations, The Caring Place would like for churches to provide food items that they cannot buy from the regional Food Bank.
Our children have been busy making signs to put on the barrels and posters to place around the campus to remind us to bring food donations.
Particular food items that are needed include:
- Canned Meats: Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Stew, Chili, Spam
- Vegetable Protein: Peanut Butter, Dry Beans of All Types, All Canned Beans (Kidney, Refried, Pinto, Ranch)
- Canned Vegetables: Peas, Green Beans, Corn, Mixed Vegetables, Spinach, Carrots, Tomato Products
- Canned Fruit: Peaches, Pears, Fruit Cocktail, Applesauce, Pineapple
- Snacks: Popcorn, Saltines, Chips, Jello, Puddings
- Soups and Sauces: Canned Soup (all kinds), Dry Soup Mix, Spaghetti Sauce, Tomato Products
- Pastas and Grains: Macaroni, Spaghetti, Rice, Canned Pasta Products
- Breakfast Items: Cereal, Hot Cereals, Pancake Mix, Syrup, Breakfast Bars, Jam and Jelly
- Baking Products: Flour, Sugar, Cooking Oil, Corn Meal, Muffin Mix, Cake Mixes, Evaporated Milk
- Boxed Dinners: Hamburger or Tuna Helper, Boxed Pasta Dinners, Macaroni and Cheese, Instant Potatoes, Rice and Noodle Mixes
- Beverages: Shelf-Stable Milk, All Fruit Juices, Powdered Drink Mixes, Tea, Coffee
- “Food to Go”: Small sizes
Monetary donations can be made to “The Caring Place” with a notation for a food donation on your check.