Decoration Day and Flower Communion
Mary AbbeyShirley Wentworth
On the occasion of this Decoration Day we will celebrate our annual Flower Communion Service. Please bring a bloom from your garden or favorite flower vendor to contribute to our collective vases as we symbolically reflect on our diversity in unity. We will also honor our dead and respectfully consider the meaning of their courageous … Continued
- It Makes a Village – Corinna Whiteaker-Lewis
This past Sunday I led our first Children’s Chapel. On such a beautiful day, the children and I gathered in the grass and stayed outside. ...
- Minister’s Mind – Deeds Not Creeds
In reading Living with the Devil: A Meditation on Good and Evil by Buddhist scholar Steven Batchelor, I was stimulated to bring you the following ...
- Minister’s Mind – On Spring’s Rebirth
It’s Spring and the Easter season. The name “easter” is derived from the German “ostern” (meaning east), and Eastre, meaning “dawn goddess” who was honored ...
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes – Corinna Whiteaker-Lewis
Our Religious Education program is growing by leaps and bounds! This past Sunday we had our highest number of children in class and childcare yet ...
- What Children Teach Us – Corinna Whiteaker-Lewis
“And that’s just like the Wonder Box story! It doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside, when you love someone.” Here, nine year-old ...
- Minister’s Mind – Our Future Together
San Gabriel became part of our Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations in Spring of 2009. Even before reaching that milestone 8 years ago, there were ...
- Making this a time of opportunity May 23, 2017Sofia Betancourt, William G Sinkford, Leon Spencer From the interim co-presidents: We are committed to making this a time of opportunity and not merely a troubled time to be survived.
- Two-thirds of UU congregations participate in White Supremacy Teach-In May 22, 2017Elaine McArdle One of the largest joint efforts among congregations in recent history, organizers say.
- Reframing the health care conversation May 15, 2017Doug Muder The persistent myth that poor people need less is putting them at risk.
- Citing ‘significant health concerns,’ UUA Moderator Jim Key resigns May 14, 2017Elaine McArdle Key has presided over UUA Board of Trustees during racial equity conversation of past two months.
- Board of Trustees ‘getting to real clarity’ about racism May 12, 2017Elaine McArdle In first meeting with interim co-presidents, UUA board talks about racism; discusses proposed bylaw amendments; hears call for general conference.