The Intention of Going to Church
Rev. Mark Skrabacz
Unitarian Minister A. Powell Davies claimed that his intention for going to Church had to do with the fact that he falls below his own standards and needs constant motivation to be brought back to them. How often do we find ourselves in despair and overwhelmed by the ways of the world? Your Church has … Continued
- Resolution vs Intention – DRE Corinna Whiteaker-Lewis
Lose Weight….Exercise More….Save More Money: these all sound familiar, right? New Year’s resolutions often revolve around banishing poor habits and establishing better ones. But one ...
- Minister’s Mind – What Does It Mean To Be A People of Intention?
For more than 25 years, I participated a couple times a month in a Men’s Group consisting of 5 ordinary men who gathered to co-create ...
- Where Hope Comes From – DRE Corinna Whiteaker-Lewis
For some strange reason, unbeknownst to me or anyone else, I have decided that now, in the middle of the busy holiday season, is a ...
- Minister’s Mind – ‘Tis the Season of Giving and Receiving
I was raised by parents, teachers and others who were all born before the Great Depression and if they had a common piece of advice ...
- Hunger-Free Holidays Food Drive
We have three large blue barrels for food donations from our congregation.
Let’s help the Caring Place collect 200,000 pounds of food by year-end!
Rather than asking for monetary ...
- Great Decisions Class is Back!
Kay Walker will once again offer the Great Decisions course from Foreign Policy Associates. Gain a better understanding of global topics affecting Americans’ role ...
- Super event man
All members and friends are welcome to join the men at IHOP on I-35 in Georgetown for fellowship and breakfast. Contact: Frank Sanders
All members and friends are welcome to join the men at IHOP on I-35 in Georgetown for fellowship and breakfast.
Contact: Frank Sanders
(Thursday) 8:30 am - 10:30 am
750 I-35 Georgetown TX 78628
The January luncheon will be held on Thursday the 18th, 11:45 a.m. at the home of Judy Mayo, 104 Wild Turkey
(Thursday) 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
104 Wild Turkey Ln Georgetown TX 78633
PFLAG Support Meeting in the Community Room of Independent Bank, 1503 Rivery Blvd., Georgetown. Join with facilitator Rev. Mark Skrabacz, members of San Gabriel and the greater Georgetown community to share
PFLAG Support Meeting in the Community Room of Independent Bank, 1503 Rivery Blvd., Georgetown.
Join with facilitator Rev. Mark Skrabacz, members of San Gabriel and the greater Georgetown community to share our lives, discuss education and advocacy, and offer support to the LGBTQ+ Community, families and friends.
(Monday) 6:45 pm - 8:30 pm
Community Room of Independent Bank
1503 Rivery Blvd Georgetown TX
Rev. Mark Skrabaczmarkskrabacz@hotmail.com
Join us at George's on the Town for Dining Out on Wednesday, January 24th, at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome to drop by. Bring the kids. Hang out and have
Join us at George’s on the Town for Dining Out on Wednesday, January 24th, at 5:30 p.m.
All are welcome to drop by. Bring the kids. Hang out and have something to eat, or just stop by for a drink and a chat.
(Wednesday) 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
George's On The Town
708 S Interstate 35 Georgetown, TX 78628
The next RIDGE meeting is Thursday, January 25th, 7:00-9:00 p.m., at the Laird's, 129 Durango Trail, Sun City, Georgetown. We will be discussing
The next RIDGE meeting is Thursday, January 25th, 7:00-9:00 p.m., at the Laird’s, 129 Durango Trail, Sun City, Georgetown.
We will be discussing NOTES ON A FOREIGN COUNTRY: AN AMERICAN ABROAD IN A POST-AMERICAN WORLD by Suzy Hansen. Published in August, Hansen’s book has received widespread favorable attention, including being on the category “Brief but spectacular,” on PBS evening news. Hansen was an editor for The New York Observer and now is a contributing writer for the New York Times Magazine. Her book is a memoir and travel guide. Most importantly, it is about her living in Turkey and discovering how her understanding of U.S. history was quite different from that of the Turks and Middle Easterners.
If you plan to attend, or have questions about RIDGE, please contact Don Laird at 512-745-6170
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Home of Pat & Don Laird
129 Durango Trl, Georgetown TX 78633
- We need an intersectional approach to justice making January 15, 2018Manish Mishra-Marzetti I thought I was traveling to Detroit to participate in a think tank, but it was so much deeper and more profound than that.
- Introducing ‘Side with Love,’ a more accessible public witness campaign January 10, 2018Elaine McArdle UUA’s public witness campaign changes name after criticism that ‘Standing on the Side of Love’ privileged able-bodied people.
- Do you have to be an activist to be a Unitarian Universalist? January 8, 2018Takiyah Nur Amin, Robin Bartlett, Ranwa Hammamy, Paul Rasor, Marilyn Sewell, Pamela Wat Six leaders reflect on activism and religious identity in a racially and politically charged era.
- Faith for the unbeliever January 8, 2018Daniel Chesney Kanter More than an adherence to a belief system, faith is an orientation to life.
- Deeper attention January 1, 2018Anitra Lavanhar Photography as a meditation.